Making it Happen


Core Models at the Sanity Gurlz Charity Event.

I’m very excited that I am starting back school in April. I have my AA in accounting already so I’m going back to get my BS in accounting with a minor in finance. I love to learn new things to further my career. For those who don’t know I’ve been an Accountant for seven years. This is what pays the bills lol. I always felt that school was so important. Up until I started my job with my current employer I was in school. Working under a CFO was heavy work so I had to give school a break until I learned the company. Three years later I know it like the back of my hand.


A little over a year ago I told myself that I would focus on two things in my life and finishing school was one of them. Not only will I be pursing my degree but I will be getting certified in payroll (again) and many accounting software’s. Everything I said I was going to do is happening and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Spare time is now a thing of the past or at least until I graduate next fall. Great things are not only happening to me but to the Fab 5. My chica’s are doing big things! I’m so proud of them.

I've also been thinking about myself less and think about others more. Me and my Core sister KY did a charity event with Sanity Gurlz this past weekend. This organization spread awareness against domestic violence and sexual assault victims. I am proud to be part of such an great organization. Most likely Sanity Gurlz will be at the Core DJ Retreat this May. I hope other will join us and help spread awareness around the country. If you know anyone that is in a abusive relationship and needs help please call the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-SAFE (7233).

Please follow Sanity Gurlz on twitter @SANITY_GURLZ

Comments

Popular Posts