Hip Hop's Takeover

Lil' Kim
I’ve been through my share of ups and downs but through it all I’ve always been able to depend on hip hop. I’ve always had the biggest appreciation for hip hop since I was a kid. I use to sneak certain CDs from my dad that he would never let me to listen to like Lil’ Kim, Eve, and Foxy Brown. I remember hearing their lyrics and saying WOW! The female voice was at its most powerful point. The honesty that blared through my brothers’ sub woofer was an open education to the reality of what was going on outside of the suburban area I grew up in. I instantly fell in love.


Year after year we witness the good hip hop and the ridiculous. Most of the industry is filled with rappers that shouldn’t be there. I like to call it Fake Hop. The perfect example of Fake Hop has got to be Soulijah Boy Tell’em. I don’t understand why he gets paid to reproduce upgraded version of the electric slide. Seriously people, we can not let these fools get away with this Fake Hop! I feel like the reason we let these chumps into the game is because we are afraid of the truth. That is what hip hop is suppose to represent. Fuck all that bling, cars, and money crap. I crave for the honesty rap use to give the world.

Foxy Brown

Remember when that Twitter beef was going on between Fabolous and Soulijah Boy Tell’em. First off give Fab his respect. He may not have the same amount of money as Soulijah Boy but he does have something Soulijah is lacking, he can flow! To me if you can’t freestyle of the break then you ain’t a rapper! You’re a nigga having a conversation. Name one hip hop legend that couldn’t freestyle? I’m not sure how true this is but I heard a rumor that Jay-Z comment on the whole Fab and Soulijah twitter beef . This dude had the nerve to say that figures don’t lie. Really Jigga??? This is the message your sending out to inspiring hip hop artist. This is an art form not a stripper pole. I don’t understand why everyone thinks they have the right to disrespect the game by producing a bunch of bullshit! Who is sending these Fake Hoppers applications to get in the game and fuck it over royally?


Eve

Fake Hop has come out of know where and overshadowed real Hip Hop. People rather snap there fingers then listen to whats going on in areas filled with poverty. People today are more considered with looking good then being good. We have covered up the reality of what's really going on in the world with this Fake Hop. It gives us people a sense of false hope. Does having swag really matter? Nope it doesn't but this is what people are so considered about smh!

As you all know I don't listen to the radio anymore. There use to be a time were I would turn my radio on and get so inspired to help people and better myself as a woman. Now when I turn on the radio it makes me think about getting wasted and being a lil freak. ARTist  have lost the art when it comes to putting out meaningful music. There are a handful of people that I got love for in the Hip Hop world and that is Nas, Tupac, Biggie, Common, Freeway, Salt-N-Pepa, Devin The Dude(whom I named my son after lol) and Mos Def. Through all the glits and glam they managed to keep it real.


Comments

  1. I was born into Hip/Hop. I can honestly say I am so disappointed at the game right now. It almost makes me want to let rap go and just listen to Jazz. Its gotten so sick ,my little cousins tell me things like"Niki Minaj tore that up", and I just feel soooo sorry for them because they dont know what real hip hop is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok everyone is on Niki Minaj like she invented music and hip hop cause they have no clue for real. Keep doing what you doing. You share alot of my views and that really surprised me! So keep doin your thing. Truth is truth and real sees real and you are the real thing! Love you hon!Keep doin you and educating people on what they wish they could say! Let the hang ups go people...release your inner self!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts