You Know Me

How many of us can honestly say that our partner knows us? I don’t think most of us realize it until he begins to tell you what you were thinking before you are able to relay it to him. It is almost a gift and a curse because the mystery is gone. However it does show the process the two of you have gained. It’s always a good thing to know that your partner actually pays attention to what you say.

Being honest with one another is what pushes this process along. Lying and holding back will keep your relationship at a stand still. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the things you use to do and stand for even if you are completely different today. Your partner wants to know everything so people won’t run up on him with “break news”. There are a million people that want to get in the way of your happiness so don’t give them a reason to spill the beans on what is going on in your life. I feel like people rather see you down and out instead of being happy. Today’s society preys among people’s unhappiness. Believe it or not unhappy people make up for America’s businesses.  Think about it.

Secondly you should want to put everything on the table. It is refreshing to have a man that accepts you for who you are rather than who you pretend to be. I love the fact that someone can love me and embrace the things I do even when the world judges it on a daily bases. That to me is love. No matter what you do in life you need a support system.  I don’t believe anyone can become a success without support. This is something that was instilled in me at a young age. My mom has supported me whether she believes in it or not because she knew how I felt about it. She always put my feelings before hers. I do the same with my boys.

What is the point of being in a relationship if you don’t support one another? I’ve seen women dog men out if they didn’t have the capabilities to stay above water for a moment and it isn’t right. Ladies learn to support your man completely or swallow the fact that you may loose him. It is really that simple. We have to stop looking to change everything about our partner and take in who he is as a man.  You can’t change him ladies. If he wants to change then he will at his own command. Remember that.

In recap every women should embrace her man for whom he is and support his every move even if it is hard for you to understand. If this makes him happy let him explore it. There is nothing worse than the person you love pissing all over your dreams. It is selfish as hell but it happens to couples everyday. Just because you learn your partner doesn’t mean the newness needs to fade and turn sour. Make everyday a new day. It is not hard you just have to be willing too.

Comments

  1. You are preaching, with this one. Let'em know Geri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always said what you've written in this post. A lot of women have this idea of the perfect guy in their minds and as a result are never happy with the man they're with. So they act out when they don't get what they want or when they don't get their way.

    It is wise to remember that communication is the basis of every relationship. Whether it's between you and your girlfriends, you and your mom, you and your kids (btw I didn't even know that you had kids), or you and your man. If either party is not able to communicate the relationship will break down and their will always be problems.

    I personally like to talk and of course I encourage it when I'm dating. I encourage my buddies to do it as well as my friends (female) and women I interact with on a regular basis. None of us, as far as I know, have the ability to read minds. Therefore, we can truly never know what's on our partner's minds unless we 'COMMUNICATE'.

    And... it's really the only way to get to know someone. :)



    Love your blog G! How about you try and see if you can convert some women to the same mind you have.

    @DjJaro876

    ReplyDelete
  3. O I also wanted to point out that just as many things have evolved over generations so have relationships. Before some women would never sleep with a man unless they were committed - now, more women are finding casual relationships more appealing.

    I say that to say, the days of giving a man shit because your a woman and he will never leave his "wife" are long gone. I know most men feel the same way when I say that women are plentiful. A man choses to be with a woman because he wants to, and will leave if he's pushed away.

    @DjJaro876

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts