Where I Come From



1870 United States Federal Census from my
great great great great grandfather!
 
My father was adopted at an early age and raised in New York. This left my brother and I questioning our last name Cohen. For years people have mistaken us for being Jewish when we are not. How do you ask your father questions about his parents and grand parents when he himself knows nothing? This is something that has stuck with us since childhood. Today some of those unanswered question have been answered thanks to my research and ancestory.com.

In just a few short hours I have traced all the way back to my great great great great grandparents (back to 1817). I always thought Cohen came from New York but we actually come all the way from Georgia. We own over 60 acres of land out there. I’ve been able to look at actual documentation from my family. I’m so eager to learn as much as I can and take my brother and I out of the dark. This has been long over do. How can we really know who we are if we don’t know where we originated from? I want to be able to tell my son exactly where his family is from. All children have the right to know there background.

I will continue to research my family tree and update you with the new information. I’m taking everyone on this journey with us! We are so over joy right now.

Comments

  1. WOW. This is some tv show/movie type stuff. Congrats lady. I can only imagine the joy you felt when you gained access to that kind of information. Best of luck on your continued journey and increased familiarity with this new knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts