Do you have Self Worth?


 I hear the term "self worth" a lot among women. It is basically letting a man know what you're capable of dealing with and what you or not. When I was younger my self worth was damn near non existence. I dated men that came from the bottom of the barrel. Each relationship led to minor heartbreak and break up. After all my trails and errors I have tried to put my self worth at the top of everything I do, especially in my relationship.

The days of shackin up are over. I lived with my ex for six years. Cooking, cleaning, and laundry you name it! I didn't feel respected and felt like I put myself in a situation to be belittled. Ladies nothing comes out of playing house. Stop accepting the term wifey and become his wife. I actually hate the terms wifey and hubby. If you are down for him like that, being his wife shouldn't be an issue. Playing house is the equivalent of a drive by shooting. I would never live with my boyfriend. I wouldn't even give him the keys to my place. That to me is a husband privilege and YES there are HUSBAND PRIVILEGES! The reason most women don’t think there aren’t any is because they have become accustom to being the girlfriend that does everything. What happen to the days of dating and not living together? Nobody is old fashion anymore. It’s as if we are afraid of being alone.

Being in a relationship with someone in the industry is completely different than being with someone who works for NIH. Which mean that the levels of self worth are different. You have to be more understanding and know that business always comes first. You can never come before someone that lives and breathes the hustle. Being understanding becomes the way of life. All those couple related trips that your girlfriends keep planning become a thing of the past.  What the two of you share is far from being typical. Every moment is a cherished moment. You don’t have to be in someone’s face night and day to be in a good relationship. A good relationship is what you and your spouse want it to be. Don’t let outsider dictate the terms of YOUR relationship. Everybody is capable of handling different things.

Comments

  1. VERY important stuff. Something that needs to be focused on by many a woman. You have those who don't know there self-worth and those that act against their self-worth to the beneft if the man solely. Figuring out and getting comfortable with that... would save a lot of heartache and pain.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts