What’s in a Soul Mate?


"Tristan and Isolde" one of my favorite movies

When I was a little girl I had the same goals as most women. I was going to get married, have children, and live in a yellow house (don’t ask me why it had to be yellow lol) with a picket fence. Of course life doesn’t give it to us the way we plan it. If it did I’d be married to Romeo from the group Immature wear a freakin eye patch. It can never be that easy. I use to get so frustrated because I would plan and plan and get a result that I didn’t want. It got to the point when I started to step back and stop planning so much. Once I did that, things that I use to plan started happening on there own. My life got way better than I could’ve ever imagined.


Till this day I don’t plan a lot. Most of the things that are in my life right now are things that just happened. I feel like God is the one that makes certain things accessible to us. I know now that it is okay not plan out every single aspect of my life. This wasn’t planned at all but I couldn’t be happier. I wake up everyday with a feeling that has never been there before. Do I feel like I have found my soul mate? Well to be honest I don’t believe in term soul mate. For me I have to feel like I could be with you. It’s really that simply. It is all about accepting one another for who you truly are. As women we have to face the world’s judgment everyday. It’s nice to have at least one person in your life not be judgmental.

I’ve know a lot of guys. If I don’t have that feeling in my chest that you are someone I want to deal with then I won’t. I pay attention to the signs. Don’t confuse your sexual desire for him with someone you can build a future with. The two things aren’t related. Instead of going to look for this soul mate you should focus on you. It will happen if it’s meant to happen. Don’t get discouraged just have more patience.

Comments

  1. Also not a believer in soul mates. I think that term is too fictional and unrealistic. I think you can be with someone who you click with instantly as well as, be with someone who you grow very close to over time. In the world that we live in though, this: "...we have to face the world’s judgment everyday. It’s nice to have at least one person in your life not be judgmental." <- that says it all right there. Find that and you'll find a strong base for something real.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts