Suga Momma?

In my last relationship I was blind to the facts. I was the woman that would buy her man clothes or whatever and never get anything in return. I did this because at the time it made me feel good or so I thought. The reality of it is that I was treating him the way I wished he had treated me. I figured if I’d buy him stuff that it would make him want to do the same for me. Today Steve Harvey refers to it as being stupid which I totally agree. He also went on to say “Ladies don’t give more than you receive in your relationship.” Something as simple as this is so powerful.

For years I gave and I gave and I gave. I never got anything in return. I am at a point where I don’t give like I us too. There really isn’t any point. I feel like if I get the urge to give then I give to my family. Buying him things he wants is not going to make him do things for you. Until that happens for me I’m keeping my wallet closed. Steve Harvey said women tend to want to spend a load of money in the beginning of their relationship because it’s still at that good stage. Ladies I’m telling you don’t do it. If you do you better do it light. Don’t go off the deep end for someone you hardly know.

Growing out of that phase has opened my eyes to some of the things I’d like from a man. Back in the day what I wanted wasn’t even a thought in my head. Even though I’m not big on materialistic items there are still small things that I love. For example I love for a man to write letters or poetry to me. You could even buy me a book and I’d be thrilled. The simplest thing can capture my attention in a major way. Everyone knows that I live for the written word.

I need for more people to give themselves credit. Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you deserve the best. To many of us just settle for less, we don’t believe that we can have something phenomenal. I’m here to tell you that you can!

Comments

  1. it's the small things that stick and gain points if you man don't give you or don't relize the small things then his mind is only on the big things (your body) make them wait or find a man that appriciate all of you and your needs not just sex or material things. true love is deeper then that. have a blessed day and i will gladly give you mature advice from a real man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts