Valentine’s Day: What about your man!

This week I have seen and heard countless women talk about what their man better get them for Valentine’s Day. A lot of you expect big romantic gesture’s on this day every single year. In fact it has to be bigger and better than last years! What disturbs me about this is that most women think this is a female holiday when it is unisex! It is rare that I even hear a woman say “I got my man a gift for Valentine’s Day”. Hell, they don’t even spring for a card but would go insane if their man left them hanging on V-day.


I have to tell you ladies that men are outraged. Love is a two way streak. It is not all about you and if it was you’d be by yourself. You have to starting doing for your man what you expect him to do for you. What makes you better than him? You should be thinking about what to buy him for Valentine’s Day just like he is doing for you. I’m not a big Valentine’s Day person but I believe if someone gets me something then I should get them something in return. You have to be willing to show your appreciation towards him. Sex isn’t the only way to do that. Quite frankly once you’ve been in a relationship for awhile men rather get a store bought gift lol.

Men I don’t understand why you accept this icy treatment from your woman. If I was in your shoes I’d stop the one way gift giving! The only time you should give her a gift and not expect one back is on her birthday, other than that it should be an equal trade. You have to start making Valentine’s Day apart of your life too. Ask her for things that you enjoy. Sex isn’t a damn gift! You can get that from anyone. I did a forum on Facebook yesterday and the top two things that men would enjoy as a gift is:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops

2. Sony Playstation 3 wireless controller

When buying your man a gift this Valentine’s Day don’t get what you think he needs or may like because he will never use it. Just ask him what he wants. Men are pretty direct. When I went to find a picture on Yahoo of a woman giving a man a gift on Valentine’s Day for this column I couldn’t find ONE!!! Stop let society dictate your relationship. I feel that it is ridiculous that we leave our men out to dry on V-day but claim are love for him all year. Talk is cheap ladies. Start proving your love with more action this Valentine’s Day.

Comments

  1. Good subject! Definitely one I feel most women need to read. Too many woman feel the Valentines Day is there day to be treated special. That's why the love it so much. But what about your man? A question that shouldn't even be a topic of discussion cause truth be told. If I was a woman and wanted another woman's man, Valentines Day is the perfect time to do it. Show him some affection on a day you know his woman won't.

    A cool gift for me! Emporio Armani Watch (ARO 428) or Gucci Branded Sterling Silver Cuff Links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geri I liked ur column it was interesting to read... lots of truth and I'm glad to see ur mind grow developing into a more and more intelligent woman. :-) like always I'm proud of u babes.. and keep up the good work. Hope all goes well with ur show n stuff and KEEP ME POSTED. I LOVE YOUR COLUMN'S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts