Ahead of Yourself

People tend to always get ahead of themselves. We see it all the time at work, school, and in our relationship. It feels good to expect the greatest possibilities. My question to you is what happens to the people who expect and receive nothing? When you work for a company you expect your boss to give you a raise. Does it work out that way all the time… no! It is the same thing with being in a relationship. You expect certain things like spending time together and eventually getting married. In most case the relationship turn sour and needs to be dumped in the trash immediately.

I feel like the thought of having great things are nice but that it is more than you. In order to get there you need wonderful people by your side. Nobody gets to where they’re by themselves. I learned to stop assuming that things will be great in my life when most of the time it’s a headache. The way a person deals with a case of bad luck said a whole lot about them! It will definitely show you what you’d have to deal with. Shedding light on something you thought was untouchable can be a nightmare. We all wish we could wake up and have everything we ever wanted. I realize that it isn’t easy to accomplish. I do believe that where there is a will there is a way meaning if you want to do something you’d make it happen no matter what. A good friend of mine once told me that an excuse is the second cousin to death and I agree. You control you and you make the decisions in your life. To be honest excuses piss me off.

If you feel like you are moving to fast then take a few steps back and analyze your situation. There is always a way to make it better if both parties are willing and able. I love to be on the same page with people. It makes things so much easier. The older I get the less I deal with bullshit. That is a fact. Communication is so important. I don’t know about you but I hate being the last to know about shit. Give out what they give to you. Not everyone is meant to be treated well all the time. People need to earn it and stop expecting their thought to come to life. Expectation in others will leave you disappointed. Be careful who you associated yourself with.

Comments

  1. So true and its the approach I take now... thanks for making it clear to me... I learned that I tend to move to fast sometimes. But its something I'm wrking on and think I'm doing good so far its like sec. nature. And its true not everyone deserves all the goodess in us.. it should be earned and well deserved. Because if not we just end up getting hurt over and over again by people who are unworthy.. makes sense to me.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts