Why do I want to get married?

Growing up I always had doubts about getting married. My generation grew up around a lot of divorces. I started to feel like what is the point of even trying to get married? As I grew into a mature adult I begin to feel that marriage is something I would love. I feel that most women can be great wives it just depends on who they choose as their husband. I’ve been considering the married life a lot more lately. I have asked myself numerous times what’s in a marriage. I’m sure that you all will say love and faith (these two things are important) but I feel that there are other thing involved too. Here are my top six reasons for wanting to drop the Miss. for Mrs.


Security- You both have to be able to count on each other. I want my marriage to have that togetherness. After all it is a lifetime partnership. I don’t ever want to question his ability to have my back when I need him. As my husband, helping a bad situation should come naturally.

Disappointments- Before him I went through the battlefield trying to find “Mr. Right”. Years of dating and then God sent me him. A man so strong he instantly erases any memory you ever had with any other guys. When you’re with him you only see him. Looking for bait is now a thing of the past. All you want to focus on is the growth that will happening to the two of you as a couple.

Serenity- is just not need in life but in marriage. I know couples have disagreement, but they should be able to work through it and keep the peace between them. When I come home after a long day at work I need that peace of mind. The home you build together should always be your sanctuary.

Honesty- He tells me the things I sometimes don’t want to hear. He doesn’t do it to be spiteful but to enlighten me. Having a man in your life that you can trust completely is refreshing. You will never doubt anything he says because he of his trustworthiness.

Stability- When I get off of work and go home I know he will be there. This is something I can look forward to everyday for the rest of our lives. I want to wake up every morning and look him in his face. He is apart of me.

Memories- The anniversaries, children birthday parties, graduations, and grandchildren are some of the things I look forward to sharing with my husband. I can’t wait to look back at all the happy memories we create together.

I know that a marriage contains other aspects but these six things are valuable to me. I know that if I have these and my faith my marriage could never go wrong. The key is to make sure your man feels the same way. If not then he may not be the one for you. Never go down the aisle with a person that is not on the same page as you. It is a receipt for disaster!

Comments

Popular Posts