Isn't Love Enough?

The other day when I was picking up my birth control my mother asked me what I thought Aries was getting me for Christmas. My response: Nothing! You would have thought I told her the world was coming to an end. Her expression was priceless, like she just couldn’t believe that he wasn’t getting me anything. Then she went on to tell me that he is going to surprise me with a gift. I know that he isn’t though. Why… because we aren’t “by the book” gift people. I feel like if he wanted to get me something he would whether it was Christmas or a regular day. I want something that comes from his heart. Too many of us strike interest in meaningless gift giving.


Ask yourself: What is in a gift?

So many people have a fucked up mind set that a gift from their mate mean that they love them a little more. This is obviously far from being the truth! Me personally, I rather have a man that loves me through the eyes of God and not through the swipe of a credit card. Jennifer Lopez had it right when she sung “My love don’t cost a thing”. It shouldn’t, but in so many relationships materialistic items define who you are as a couple. I focus on the smaller things. The smaller things are so big to me. Most relationship would work if more people would focus on what he or she can do for them without money. Stop letting the almighty dollar have control over what you feel. It’s time to learn how to love the person you’re dealing with beyond the paper.

Focus on the more important things like your mate trusting and loving you. Embrace when they clean up the house or take out the trash. Take in a good movie or just lay together. This is what being with someone is all about. My heart beats is on overdrive just know that Aries is coming over. As soon as he comes inside my place I feel this undeniable love for him. It turns the two of us into magnate’s lol. That feeling alone is more than any gift he could ever give me. On Faith Evan’s new CD entitled “Something About Faith” she has a song called Real Things. Please listen to this song. It really expresses what people forget about. It’s time to realize what is important everyone.

Link to Faith Evan's "Real Things": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40sWJg_24zk

Comments

  1. I know quite a few women that would probably frown on this message, lol. But nonetheless I agree with you 100%. Far, far too many people allow the wrong things to dictate what should or should not make us happy in relationships. And materialistic misgivings play a big part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have said it b4, If a woman is looking for a guy that can always give them things, what happens when he leaves out and does not return. You have to be with someone for more than what they can do for you or what they give you. Love is for who the person will be to you and not how many gifts they will give you. Love is being with someone no matter what they have.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts