Thoughts Before Marriage

Lately I have started to noticed that everyone around me is either engaged to be married or has already gotten married. I feel that marriage is a beautiful thing when it's done ONCE. People who have been married multiple time need to reflect on why they can't stay married. Being a 26 year old woman I am forced to ask myself when is the right time to trade in the I for a We? When I was a teenager I thought I'd be married by 22. As you can see it isn't that easy. I know it take simple characteristics to make a man "husband material" but most men are just lacking the necessities like honesty, trust, respect, love and faith.

Until now I never took marriage seriously because when I was growing up the people around me never did. As a kid I learned what was before me and that was if he messes up then kick him to the curb and move on. I've never witiness a marriage stay together and that was enough to shake me to my core at the time. Through all the negative images that have surrounded me throughout my life I still always felt like it could be a possiblity for me. I feel like it's time to break the cycle of having living in boyfriends that lead to nothing. The day's of me giving my key or living with a boyfriend are over. There is nothing beneficial about playing house with a man that doesn't have enough respect for you to make you his Mrs. Being someone baby mother isn't a bragging right!

Honestly what is the point of working or making a lot of money if you don't have a union to share it with? I want to be able to share my most inner thoughts with someone who loves me as much as God loves me. I feel that everyone needs that. The best gift is love... NOT the wedding and NOT the ring. Love is what truly matters. The size of your ring and wedding will not keep your marriage together. Yes Beyonce ring is HUGH but we all aren't dating Jay-Z type of fellas. Stop wanting more than what you really have. If you are down for your man you'd wear anything. Don't let materalistic items overcome what defines your marriage.

I'd love to wake up to a man that vowed to God that he'd be with me through everything. That thought alone is instance everyday romance. The vows are so serious to me! I see so many people break their vows everyday like God is a joke or something. I don't get it at all. I do understand that if you have no faith as a couple your marriage with crumple. People please know that there aren't two people in a marriage. There are actually three... you, your husband, and God. Never loose site of what's important. So many people will mess up their marriage for just a moment with someone else. Ask yourself is it worth it or not cause most of the time it isn't.

Comments

Popular Posts