Moving in Already?!?!

 Let me start this off by say that it's hard being a single woman. Lately I haven't been getting any sleep. I've been waking up two to three times a night and I didn't understand why until now. This is the first time I have lived alone. I have been living with boyfriends since I was 18 years old. Coming home to no man takes some getting use to.  Don't get me wrong... I love coming home to silence. I can sing as loud as I want without someone telling me to be quiet and I can use up all the hot water lol. Living alone can be a positive experience but at times you will get lonely.  I feel like people let their loneliness get the best of them. This is the reason they have to urgently move in with a guy right? To cure the empty feeling they start to experience from being lonely. I don't think that is a good enough reason though. Looking back on my life I wish I would have lived alone before I decide to live with a guy. In my opinion I just don't see the benefit of living with a man that isn't your husband. So here is my questions to you:

Why do women move in with their boyfriends?

Most of my friends share a place with their boyfriend. I'm starting to feel like this trend is the new wedding ring. The days of you having your own place and him having his is almost nonexistence.  We rant and rave to move in with a guy but the thought of becoming his wife damn near never is discussed. It is very ass backwards don't you think? I remember the first time I moved in with a guy. It was the best feeling ever. The thought of not coming home to my momma and her rules made me feel grown. Truth be told I wasn't grown at all. The main reason I moved in with him was to feel a sense of independence. I was tired of being treated like a child. I learned that you can't rush becoming an adult. It takes time and wisdom.

A rushed situation will never be a good situation. Everyone is trying to fit into the same bubble. Stop being afraid to be different from the rest. Just because you see all these couples living together doesn't mean it is the right thing to do. People should at least live alone once to become more familiar with themselves. If you don't know who you are how will you be able to give yourself completely to your man? So many of you set your standard high but in the wrong way. Thing that most of yall think are important really aren't. I know that your faith should play a major part in your life. A faithless person is liable to keep making wrong choices. My advice to all woman is to become a better you so when and if you meet your match you will have everything to offer to him.

Comments

Popular Posts