Casual Pregnancy?

Last week a friend of mine named LX posted a note on facebook entitled “Rant: People need to be Accountable”. His note was very raw and upfront. The line that stood out to me the most is when he said “I personally ain't havin sex protected/raw with someone I can't deal with personally” This got me thinking about the men I had encounters with. Most of them I would NEVER want a child with but I risked the possibility of it happening for a moment of pleasure! I started to feel like I didn’t know who I was back then (which I didn’t). Too many of us just go with the flow. Seriously, I know so many chicks that will sleep with a man because he looks good or his status is good. Rarely anyone considers the risk their taking when they’re having sex with a person they barely even know.

This statement could really change humanity lol. If each and every last one of us would ask this question fewer women would be single mother and/or they wouldn’t be sitting up in a abortion clinic. Just think of all the time and money that could be saved if we just asked ourselves one simple question.

Do I want to risk having a baby with you?

No matter how early in the game it is you need to ask yourself this question. Casual sex is not in anymore people! Sex is like Las Vegas, most of us loose big time. I know I have lost a few times myself. I now see that if you are willing to take that type of risk with someone than you better  talk to him/her about the “what ifs”. It is easy to have a surprise pop up in your uterus. As an adult you have to have a plan in motion. Pop ups aren’t good for PCs and they're not good for your life either. I do however believe all children are a blessing. Don’t get me wrong. I just feel like it is selfish of us to risk having a child with someone you don’t truly love. Getting pregnant should be a joyful occasion not a persons  nightmare.

I’ve been told by a guy that when a woman said she is expecting a child they’re not happy about it. In fact he said that is the worse thing you can tell a man. No man wants to be forced into fatherhood by someone they don’t even care about. That is fine but in reality we all have to take responsibility for the things we decided to do. I learned my lesson and I’m sure a lot of you have as well. The next time I have a child I want my man and I to agree on it. I don’t want to bring a child into a bad setting when they deserve to come into a loving union. Just picture it. You and you man agreeing on having a child. That's DEEP. We don’t see that too much today and it's sad. We should want more for ourselves and the legacy we leave to our children.

To check out LX note click here: http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=&init=quick&tas=0.19862285760112636#!/note.php?note_id=10150298757935398

Comments

  1. I stamp the hell out of this entry. You have absolutely nothing but the truth. Keeping it all the way funky, you and I and everyone can say that its easier said than done. Especially if you're not a virgin and you have that "itch you need scratched."

    But looking at it from the outside in, being responsible enough to ask a question as simple as this, truly could fix A LOT of the problems between men and women in relationships. Just think about it. Gr8 post...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts