Generic Relationships

Mostly everyone I know is in relationship. I never understood how couples could keep the excitement in their relationship burning. In my experience relationships are always exciting in the beginning. It’s as soon as you commit yourself to the person all of the perks die! I just feel that if you can’t keep up with the things you use to do for me then don’t do it from jump street that way I know if I want to deal with you or not.

I’m not sure if you’re aware of this but dating is NOT suppose to stop when you commit. I still like to go to dinner or for a long walk. I didn’t think because I committed myself to you that those things would be cancelled. I don’t understand how people can holler at a you nonstop to get your attention and when they finally get it they get comfortable. The key is to never get comfortable. Since when is it okay for your mate to be bored with you?

Relationships are a lot of work. I feel like it should never get generic. You ask what makes it generic well here are some examples:

1. Having the same phone conversation with him everyday.

2. Having sex with them and knowing every move they will do before it’s done.

3. Watch television all the time.

4. Not going out together.

5. Making plans with your friend/s instead of with your mate.

6. Expecting nothing but boredom from your mate.

If you are doing any of the above then I’m sorry to break the news to you but you are in a generic relationship. It is possible to clean it up and make it look brand new again. First off, the both of you have to agree that there is a problem and that you’re willing to fix it. It isn’t easy but if you think it is worth a shot then do. Don’t expect thing to happen over night. It is a process you have to go through. If the process doesn’t work and know changes are made then let it go. There is know point of being in a relationship with your partner if they’re unable to give/do the things that you are accustomed too. It’s okay to change a little bit to improve the relationship but you should never have to become a totally different human being. I feel like if you got to play a role just to get someone attention then they’re not for you.

A lot of these generic relationship spiral out of control because we go off of what we see rather than what we feel. Looks aren’t everything. We need to ask ourselves what can he or she do for me mentally? If you can’t come up with a few answers then it will fail. The last thing you want to do is get yourself caught up in a bad situation all because you thought the person catching your eye “looks good”. I hear it way to often. What about their values and beliefs? I know that sex has taking away from us even asking these types of questions. I’ve been a victim of “good sex no question” but it isn’t the right way to go about things. When you finally take the time to get to know the person it’s awful! You don’t even know how you got rapped all up in a person that is really a stranger you begin to fuck. If you want to stray away from being in a generic relationship then take you time with them and don’t rush at all. There is know reason time. Learn all their achievements and flaws before bring them into your life completely.

Comments

Popular Posts